You are clearly a very talented individual. It's a simple game but very aesthetically pleasing and well made. Especially considering you did it in 48 hours. definitely going to check out your other work now.
Terra Nil - Reclaim the Wasteland
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Terra Nil is a relaxing city builder about ecosystem reconstruction.
My take on the theme was that starting with nothing was just a barren wasteland that you need to rejuvenate.
The 6 buildings I managed to create form a nice circular dependency so expansion is always a little difficult.
- Start with a turbine
- Order of building matters (e.g. you need to place the greenhouse after the scrubber)
- Pay attention to the overlays and tooltips
The procedural generation can technically create an unwinnable state, but I don't think this should happen and if it does, just restart
- Left click to select
- Right click to deselect
- Mouse wheel to zoom
- Arrows to pan
- R to rotate
- Esc to bring up the menu
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Must say, this game has potential. I enjoy games about managing things, mining, and farming. This one has some small issues in its current state. It needs to be fleshed out more with additional features and information.
A game about the ecosystem has a lot of options to choose from in expanding it. Hope to see this go further.
Great demo! I like the core concept and the artwork. The experience is relaxed and is very much a puzzle of building things without running out of money. I suggest you add a passive income to balance against some sort of enemy (encroaching toxins?, environmental raiders?). I think the water pumps should be able to flood a limited number of squares. You probably have a million ideas as well. In its current state its enjoyable but very short. Thank you!
Cool! But small/easy often generates maps without rocks
why do we have to download it just let us play it without having to download the game
"Arrows to pan"
Any chance of a WSAD option? :)
Looks really neat!
This sounds lovely, any plans to further develop it?
Thanks! Not sure at the moment, sort of depends on the reception, I've got a lot vying for my attention :)
Thought about something like this before I'd cheer you on if you took this further.
How play this on 2560x1080??
Did you try the windows with resolution dialog download?
rocks never seem to spawn on the small map? this was quite enjoyable though, interested to see if you intend on expanding this.
Hello, tell me how to solve such an error: The application "Mac" can't be opened. OS Catalina
Sometimes OSX doesn't let you open files from the internet. Try CMD+Clicking on it to open, if that doesn't work let me know
Alright, here's my feedback on the game:
- Nice art and good background music. Though, the UI does go well with the art of the world.
- The difficulty doesn't change over time. It doesn't matter how big your green area is, the game still has the same difficulty. This is because there is no passive income from your green area. This feels unfair.
- The area of buildings is shown well. Though, it would be nice if you highlight the part of the world were they can be placed. I also think that you should better show if a building (powered) is within the range of a turbine.
- If you place a building first and then place a wind turbine, the building doesn't receive power even if it is within range.
- Please add the ability to see the range of a placed turbine by mousing over it.
- Panning with wasd and panning by holding down the middle mouse button would be nice.
- Maybe add the ability to remove buildings as well. Though, not having this does make the game more difficult. So perhaps allow destruction on low & medium difficulty and disable the ability at high difficulty.
Good fun, satisfying to play. Some feedback: the leaf symbol doesn't match the graphical style, buildings should be orange when over suitable land but out of range of electricity, add keyboard zoom controls (I'm playing on a laptop).
I like the orange idea, and I agree about the leaf symbol yeah
Thanks for the response. Also forgot to mention that the little symbols that appear as you collect money move in a strange way if you pan at the same time, the speed should be unaffected by the relative speed/direction of the panning.
Is there any hope to get a windowed mode? I have a ultra-widescreen and the ui is off :/
Sure, are you on windows? I can make a new build
Yes I am
A very nice little game. More!